Michigan Pain Consultants (ProCare Pain Solutions) is seeking a full-time LPN or RN at their Wyoming clinic. This position will work 3 days per week (approximately 30 hours). We offer employees competitive wages, paid holidays, and paid time off. In addition, full-time employees are also eligible for a free high deductible health plan after 90 days and a generous 401k profit sharing plan after one year of service. Employees can expect no night, weekend, or holiday shifts.
The RN/LPN is accountable for providing safe patient care utilizing the nursing process within the parameters of the Rules and Regulations of the State Board of Nursing and policies and procedures of the pain management center and the facilities therein. This position reports to the Clinical Coordinator.
- CPR certification or acquisition within 90 days of employment
Minimum: Eligible for or currently licensed as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Michigan
Preferred: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Minimum: Two years of clinical hospital nursing
Desirable: Experience in an outpatient setting caring for patients with pain conditions
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create value by working together with mutual respect and trust within and across our network at every level appreciating individual differences.
- Provide safe patient care
- Perform nursing assessments through critical pathways and analyze physical, psychological, social, spiritual, and learning needs of the patient utilizing effective communication skills
- Act as a patient advocate to develop, initiate and revise a plan of care with the patient and/or significant other, based on knowledge of specific illnesses / diseases or injuries, human behavior and appropriate standards of care to meet the individualized needs of each patient
- Implement nursing interventions and medical prescriptions establishing treatment priorities and observing the State Nursing Practice Act, appropriate standards, policies and procedures to provide optimal patient care
- Evaluate the patient response to nursing interventions and physician ordered therapy / diagnostics. Update or modify plan of care to meet the current needs of the patient
- Assist the physicians with procedures utilizing nursing skills
- Perform efficiently in emergency situations following established standards, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Ensure pod efficiencies and efficient patient flow.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate narcotic handling and documentation.
- Oversee other nursing team members for competency skill sets, data collection, basic patient education, and identification of any learning needs.
- Ensure accurate nursing documentation
- Facilitate effective working relationships/communications with all members of health team to promote a consistent and efficient continuum of patient care.
- Participate in quality management and clinical outcomes as required
- Conduct self in every area, personal and professional, with adherence to the highest ethical standards.
- Participate in developing clinical policies and use them as a basis for clinical care decision making
- Demonstrates awareness of and adherence to safety and legal requirements for nursing in pain management.
- Pursue new opportunities enthusiastically that improve processes and ultimately the organization.
- Independently mobile
- Approximately 95% of time spent standing / walking
- Periodic moderate computer use
- Periodic heavy physical exertion
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Moderate bending, kneeling, overhead lifting, pushing and pulling
- Ability to wear a lead apron
- Moderate degree of strength due to physical exertion required by patient positioning, lifting or wheelchair transfer